Sunday, April 26, 2015

[J-Movie Review] Nodame Cantabile Special The Movie ~ The Final Score Part 1 & 2

Since I'm still in Nodame Cantabile mood, I decided to re-watch Nodame Cantabile Live Action (Japanese drama version of Cantabile Tomorrow) and continued it with Nodame Cantabile Special. Or might often called as Nodame Cantabile The Movie ~ The Final Score.

The sequel of Nodame Cantabile Live Action was released into two movies:
Nodame Cantabile The Movie Part 1 (December 2009)
Nodame Cantabile The Movie Part 2 (April 2010)

Shame on me, I used to procrastinate everything, including to watch Nodame Cantabile The Movie :P :P :P I always wanted to watch these movies since 2010 but I ended up with reasons like "my internet connection is too slow, I can't download the movie", "I will watch it later..", "I will watch it later when I have free time".. and later on these movies have been forgotten by me at all.. LOL.

Well, actually I also haven't yet finished to read Nodame manga :p I promise to myself to finish its manga by next month. Hehe.

Left: Part 1 | Right: Part 2
のだめカンタービレ 新春スペシャル IN ヨーロッパ
Title (romaji): Nodame Cantabile Shinshun Special in Europe

How I missed everyone in Nodame Cantabile Live Action ^_^ In these movies, Chiaki and Nodame are living in Paris (they're still neighbors) and pursuing their dream seriously. 

CAST
  • Ueno Juri as Noda Megumi aka Nodame
  • Tamaki Hiroshi as Chiaki Shinichi
  • Eita as Mine Ryutaro
  • Mizukawa Asami as Miki Kiyora
  • Koide Keisuke as Okuyama Masumi
  • Wentz Eiji as Lantoine Frank
  • Becky as Vishnyova Tanya
  • Yamaguchi Sayaka as Namiki Yuko
  • Giry Vincent (ジリ・ヴァンソン) as Jean Donnadieu
  • Ishii Masanori as Katahira Hajime
  • Fukushi Seiji as Kuroki Yasunori
  • Takenaka Naoto as Franz Stresemann
  • Kichise Michiko as Elize
  • Yamada Yu as Son Rui (ep2)


This 2 night special takes off during their graduation, where Chiaki-senpai & Nodame left for Europe. The first special centered on Chiaki's story, the story tells about Chiaki's dream to be a conductor. Nodame on the other hand attended the conservatory to attain her dream to one-day play the piano for Chiaki. After her hard work, Nodame was given a chance to have a mini recital. During the recital, Chiaki saw her worth and realized that he cannot go on with out her.


Nodame always get spoiled by Chiaki's cooking skill
Chiaki as conductor, Nodame as pianist

Nodame Cantabile Special The Movie characters

Playing pianos together
TAMAKI HIROSHI (Chiaki) Y U SO SKINNY?? O_O YOUR CHEEK IS REALLY SUNKEN!


Mumbling about future
Masumi and Mine visiting Chiaki and Nodame at Paris

FINALLY!! *raburaburabu*



My thoughts about this Drama
Nodame is still a sloppy, easy-going and reckless girl but she's getting more mature in this sequel. She is looking up to her future and passion really seriously. Anyway, Chiaki is soooo skinny in this movie T.T I love their chemistry and story in this sequel. Chiaki's feeling towards Nodame is getting deeper =D
Quite sad for letting go these adorable couple, as I am big fan of them.
In a nutshell, this sequel is really worth to watch ^^ 

PS: In this sequel, you'll see more animations and cartoon-y scenes LOL



Pros(+)
+ Happy Ending
+ Nice story line
+ Nice chemistry between Chiaki and Nodame
+ Great performances
+ Cute characters

Cons(-)
- Chiaki is so skinny T_T LOL
- 2 episodes aren't enough!!

Rating: 8,5/10



Watching Nodame Cantabile makes me want to learn piano again :p :p hehehe
Thanks for reading and see ya on my next review!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

me too! jadi bikin pengen belajar piano, walau aku baru nonton nodame yg versi anime.. jadi kepengen nonton yg live actionnyaa >_< boleh tau kakak download semua nodame cantabile dimana ? :)

Xiao Vee said...

Wahh wajib nonton dramanya kalo gt ^^ aku malah blm ntn anime nya!
Aku ntn via live streaming =D Ngga download hehe

Unknown said...

live streaming dimana kak? waah kakak pandai bahasa jepang dong, kan gak ada subtitle kan ya ?
sugoiii ^^

Xiao Vee said...

Ngga kok, ada English subs nya ^^
Biasa di dramacool com hehe