Saturday, September 3, 2016

J-Drama Review: 5 ji Kara 9 ji Made (2015)

Hi everyone! I almost forgot to write a review about this dorama, which I finished few months ago. One of my friends recommended it to me, she said it's quite good though Yamapi's acting was bad as always LOL. I watched this drama from day to night only in a day! Insane, wasn't? :P I dedicate my day off to finish this drama and it's all worth it.



5-JI KARA 9-JI MADE (FROM FIVE TO NINE)
About:
5-ji Kara 9-ji Made: Watashi ni Koi Shita Obōsan (5→9〜私に恋したお坊さん〜), English title "From Five to Nine") is a 2015 Fuji TV Japanese television drama series, starring Satomi Ishihara and Tomohisa Yamashita in the lead roles. The drama is based on the manga series by Miki Aihara. It aired from 12 October 2015 to 14 December 2015 on Mondays at 21:00 with a total of 10 episodes. The first episode received a viewership rating of 12.6% in the Kantō region.


Story:
Sakuraba Junko (Satomi Ishihara), an English language school teacher, is a 28 year-old with dreams of working in New York. One day, she causes an embarrassing accident when she encounters a handsome monk during a funeral service at a temple. Hoping never to meet him again, she is later deceived by her family and made to go for a matchmaking session. The other party is none other than that monk, Hoshikawa Takane (Tomohisa Yamashita).


Cast:

  • Satomi Ishihara as Junko Sakuraba
  • Tomohisa Yamashita as Takane Hoshikawa
  • Yuki Furukawa as Satoshi Mishima
  • Saeko as Masako Mōri
  • Rin Takanashi as Momoe Yamabuchi
  • Mokomichi Hayami as Arthur Lange
  • Miyu Yoshimoto as Kaori Ashikaga
  • Jun Shison as Amane Hoshikawa



I love to see Satomi here, she's so fresh and mature! Her smile is I like the most!
Her English is also impressive :O
Well, Yamapi look thin in this drama, and his expression was... too flat...


Mokomichi Hayami is so tanned LOL, and still charming :p
While I think Furukawa Yuki is still too baby-faced to be paired with Satomi Ishihara. No wonder he's suitable to become a high-school student in Itazura na Kiss Live Action





My Overall Thoughts:
This drama really has unusual story, light and fresh. I really enjoyed to watch 10 episodes of this drama I admire Takane's persistence & patience :D I recommend you to watch this drama if you look for short, light, funny and entertaining drama :D

Rating: 7,5 / 10




Can you recommend me another dorama?
Thank you :D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Actually this is adaptation from a manga with the same title :D